Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bacck from m'sia ^^

Day 1
Went to my aunt’s house after checking into a hotel. Ate home-made food which was delicious! After that was a case of going to my cousin’s house (the groom), back to the hotel for a bath, then back to his house again for buffet dinner. Talked with the people I knew, then back to the hotel at 11pm for bed!

Day 2
Food day!! Ate breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant. The food made my school’s food taste good. With the food not satisfying us, we went to eat Roti Chenai. Disappointing as well. Went to cousin’s house (again) to attend the tea ceremony and ate buffet lunch there, which was about the same as yesterday’s dinner, just fewer dishes. Shopping at Parkson followed at 1.00pm. Dad bought a shirt and we went to the shopping center opposite Parkson and ate tea (3rd meal so far). Shared a glutinous rice, macau style burger, and a strawberry red tea with my dad. The tea was nice! Strong tea taste with a faint but sweet taste of strawberry. The glutinous rice was not very nice, and the burger patty was a disappointment. The sauce in the burger (a mixture of different sauces, largely mayonnaise), however, was not too bad. Went back to the hotel to prepare for the wedding dinner. After we bathed we went to find something to eat (again). Walked around a few streets until it became too ulu, then turned back and went to the hotel to shared penang char kway teow and chicken porridge with my parents. The porridge had no taste and the kway teow was too salty. Next up was the wedding dinner!! When we arrived, I sort of sat at the “young” table with my cousins, 2 aunts and an uncle, who needed to attend to their children at the table. The table was meant for 8. My table had 12 people. Going to the toilet would require a high level of acrobatics not achievable by the average human if you don’t want to disturb your fellow diners.

1st: Cold Plate – The bacon was good!
2nd – Shark’s Fin – Personaly, I don’t really like the idea of killing sharks for their fins, by I drank it anyway.
3rd – Lemon Fried Chicken – Great taste! The chicken was good, and the sauce had a tinge of lemon.
4th – Steamed Fish – All I can say is good!
5th – Abalone with mushroom and sea cucumber – This is one of the best dishes. Love the broth!
6th – Roasted Duck Skin – My cousins took the mini man tao and bit into it, without placing the duck skin in between. Hilarious.
7th – Fried Prawns – Nice tangy sauce. Ate about 6 or 7.
8th – ICE-CREAM!!!! STRAWBERRY ICE-CREAM!!!

So I ate a total of 6 meals on Saturday!!

Okay. Don’t want to go into details on the 3rd day. Guess you are all getting bored from reading this post. See you all soon!

No comments: